Information for patients
My health for life – A lifestyle program to get your health back on track
Conditions such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke, are often linked to lifestyle factors. The My health for life program helps people reduce their risk of developing these types of conditions by showing how small lifestyle changes can have major health benefits. It is about keeping your health on track to prevent future illness. It could be the right program for you.
The program is available across Western Queensland through structured telephone health coaching and is also available in small group sessions in a number of locations.
- My health for life is free
- Telephone health coaches and group facilitators are all health professionals trained in delivering the My health for life program.
- Participants complete six sessions over six months, with five sessions in the first three months.
You could be eligible if you are:
- Aged 45 years and over and have been identified by a health professional as being at high risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person aged 18 years and over
- Living with a pre-existing condition that puts you at high risk of developing chronic disease
To find out if you are eligible for My health for life:
Go to - Program Availability in Western Queensland for more information on Individual Telephone Health Coaching or Group sessions.