Training Roma: Promoting Participation In The National Cervical Screening Program To ATSI Women
Date: Apr 8, 2019 09:00:00 to 13:00
The Promoting Participation in the National Cervical Screening Program to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Women course aims to educate healthcare providers on the changes to the National Cervical Screening Program and promoting the benefits of regular cervical screening to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women.
The course is aimed towards:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Workers and Practitioners
- Registered and enrolled nurses
- General practitioners
- Allied health professionals
- Practice managers, non-clinical support staff
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community leaders.
Upon completion attendees will have developed the following skills and knowledge when
working directly with women:
- Culturally appropriate client relationship management skills and techniques
- An understanding of the recent changes in the National Cervical Screening Program
- An understanding of processes to promote cervical screening among Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women
- Skills in the development of recall and follow-up activities in order to improve participation in cervical screening.
Course delivery includes a half-day face-to-face workshop and an online assessment completed via BenchmarqueIQ.
*This program is for women only attendees
*This is not a clinical program and does not provide competency for the Cervical Screening Test (previously Pap Test)